A LYS Superintendent shares the following:
I had a great problem to deal with last week. I had to “encourage” our maintenance staff to remove teacher desks from their classrooms… We have several elementary teachers who have requested that their teacher desks be removed.
Our classrooms are all hovering at 22 students and teachers sometimes struggle to have room to be in the Power Zone, especially if their classroom is cluttered or isn’t arranged properly.
We are really excited about the teachers willingness to sacrifice their desk, but more importantly at their willingness to change to improve instruction and be more effective!
SC Response That is exciting news. When teams of teachers start looking for small solutions to that create big changes in practice, then you know that the motivation to improve is shifting from top-down to bottom-up. That’s what every one of us works towards as a leader. Kudos to your staff!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation