Tuesday, July 31, 2012 is the primary runoff election in Texas (my home state). At the request of a number of Texas LYSers, I have updated the list of candidates who voted to slash public education funding in the Texas House and Senate during the last legislative session.
As regular readers know, though I have always abhorred the use of litmus tests, for now and the immediate future, public education and public education funding are my sole candidate litmus tests. With that being the case, I submit to you the members of the Texas House and Senate who orchestrated and supported the gutting of public education funding in 2011, who are on tomorrow’s ballot.
Whether this information enters into your decision making or not, as a reasonable, thinking LYSer, make sure you get out and VOTE.
Voted For Slashed Education Budgets – 2011 Legislative Session
|David Dewhurst||Republican||US Senate|
|Randy Weber||Republican||US Congress|
|Warren D. Chisum||Republican||Texas Railroad Commissioner|
|Jeff Wentworth||Republican||Texas Senate|
Vote. Vote. Vote. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Livingston ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Channelview ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Bushland ISD Staff Kickoff, Canadian ISD Staff Kickoff, Highland Park ISD Staff Kickoff, Sunray ISD Staff Kickoff, Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation