A LYS campus leader in Texas submits the follow observation.
There is a tremor in the Force. First, Premont ISD gets a reprieve from death. Second, we get the “Perversion” speech. Third, the state backs off on the 15% rule. Fourth, North Forest ISD gets its 11th hour reprieve.
Also, our students’ performance on the STAAR Test was better than we expected. Our kids actually thought they might have over-prepared. Of course this is anecdotal, but added with every other tremor in the Force, it may be a part of a bigger mosaic than we yet realize.
I know there has been some push back, but I was not under the impression the push back was so great to cause this level of state back pedaling. There is more going on. I just don’t know what. Yet.
SC Response Since you are using a movie reference to create meaning in chaos, I’ll use one to do the same. To quote my favorite stand-up philosopher,
“Politics. Politics. Politics. Politics.”
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Confirmed 2012 Presentations: Channelview ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Bushland ISD Staff Kickoff, Canadian ISD Staff Kickoff, Highland Park ISD Staff Kickoff, Sunray ISD Staff Kickoff, Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation