In response to the 3/28/2012 post, “A Principal Asks… PLC Focus,” and old school LYS’er sent the following note:
This post now hangs in our conference room.
SC Response I’m glad you and your team found the post useful. In case any readers missed it, here is the executive summary of the post.
To get value and action, here is my basic PLC recommendation.
1. Have a syllabus for the year.
2. Have a predictable meeting focus cycle. For example:
- Week 1: Curriculum preview
- Week 2: Assessment development
- Week 3: Data analysis & adjustment
3. Repeat cycle.
4. Have a tight meeting agenda.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/4ydqd4t
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Confirmed 2012 Presentations: TASSP Conference (multiple sessions); Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote)