Last week, NASSP sent me the audience feedback from our standing room only presentation of “The Fundamental 5”. This was unexpected since most conferences don’t do this. After our presentations, the participants always warmly receive us, but we are educators presenting to educators, which means that the audience would be polite even if we didn’t deserver it. So getting to see what the audience really thought is a rare and valuable report card. Here is what an audience of over 140 principals and assistant principals reported: Overall
- 96% of the audience ratings of the components of the presentation and the quality of the presenters were “Excellent”
- 4% of the audience ratings of the components of the presentation and the quality of the presenters were “Good”
There were no negative ratings or negative comments. Positive comments included:
- I plan to use and share this information.
- I wasn’t sure that I would get much from this session. I was wrong! The presenters were phenomenal and the information was very useful!
- Very energetic and positive!
- Will take this back to my district.
- Very good info.
- Awesome!!! Thanks!!!
- Excellent presentation. Great content and modeled it in the lesson. So inspired. Loved it!
- I’m going to begin training my staff on using the Fundamental 5.
- Great… The LYS Blog is very interesting and useful
- Excellent topic, this session should be conducted again next year.
For all of you who attended our presentation at NASSP, thank you for your time and enthusiasm. And if you missed us, our next big conference presentations are at the National Association of School Boards Conference (later this month) and the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Summer Conference. Come see us! Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/4ydqd4t
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Confirmed 2012 Presentations: NASB Conference; TASSP Conference (multiple sessions); Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote)