A LYS Principal shares her campus goals for the Spring semester. LC, On January 2, our grade level teams met and set team goals. Without getting into specifics of baseline data and measurements, their goals are as follows:
- Kindergarten: We will plan a critical writing/thinking product in one subject area three times a week.
- 1st grade: We will incorporate more critical writing using vocabulary in math.
- 2nd grade: We will incorporate one critical writing product per day.
- 3rd grade: We will develop academic vocabulary through critical writing products two times per week per subject.
- 4th grade: Our goal is to increase our team average in Recognize and Reinforce from 41% to 50%.
As you can see, almost all teams want to focus on critical writing. We will be planning for these experiences during our Tuesday afternoon whole campus PLC/staff meetings. SC ResponseExcellent! You have started out on the right foot. Make sure that you monitor and review progress on a frequent basis. A goal without follow-up is simply a creative writing exercise. Here is one, small suggestion (use at your discretion). 1st Grade – “More” is subjective. Put a number on the goal. It’s transforms the statement from a suggestion into a target. Do that and you are golden. All that is left for you and your staff is to do it. Make everyone proud! Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/4ydqd4t
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation
- Get the Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan App at the App Store – Fun 5 Plans
- Upcoming 2012 Presentations: Oklahoma Association of Middle School Principal’s Mid-Winter Conference; Region 16 ESC Leadership Academy (Keynote Address); NASSP Conference; NASB Conference